Saturday 4 November 2017

Themes - DEDICATION/PASSION

The last main theme I have encountered on my journey through my inquiry so far is Passion for the field of work you are in. With many jobs there are certain passions that make you successful.
If you didn't enjoy dancing why be a dancer? If you don't like cooking, why be a chef?
There are many jobs out there that people don't have a passion to do, and some jobs are stereotyped to be a 'bog standard, couldn't get anything else' job. But how I feel is that no matter what the job no-one should be penalised for doing what they do if they love it and have a passion. Surely a passion for your job makes you good at it.
Certainly as a performer it is clear to see who is passionate and who isn't, for example on stage, a person that is beaming out looking like they are having a good time- probably is, and the person with a fake smile is probably hating every minute of it, Who is more passionate? It may be wrong of me to stereotype this passion to how an individual performs but for me if I didn't enjoy doing something I wouldn't do it.

When speaking to individuals in my interviews, passion and dedication for their job is noticeable in the way people respond to how much they enjoy it. Again when doing observations around the workplace it was easy for me to see who really loved doing what they were doing and who was just doing it for the money because they need a job.
For all performers I think passion comes naturally. The amount of money we spend on our training goes to show how much we love to do it, I can be bias when saying this but I know passion isn't something you can teach, I am doubtful to suggest passion is a transferable skill. I think passion is something that develops the more you do something, and something that does change as you advance through your career. Using myself as an example, I had a passion to dance, which became a passion to entertain and I have a passion to want to teach, as I move through my career each of these passions changes and develops.
Do you performers feel your passion was taught to you just by performing arts training?




No comments:

Post a Comment