Tuesday 4 October 2016

Task 1a- Develop a CV

The term ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV for short) is short for a Latin term which means “the story of your life”. It is a short list of facts about you, your skills, qualifications, experience and career history.
http://www.nijobfinder.co.uk/advice/cvs-and-applications/what-is-a-cv/

When set the task for module 1 to develop our CV in different stages I panicked and thought which CV do I do?! My professional performance CV or my professional job cv? I suppose the question is answered by what job am I applying for? Therefore I thought of the idea to join the two CV's together in the sense that when finishing my current role at Warner Leisure Hotels I will be applying for undergraduate roles at primary schools. This is the career path I am heading towards.

The first big question is what do i need in a final cv? I researched some CV templates online and found that the ones that had a more professional design were more appealing. This can also be quite a costly approach by some CV designers however if you are quite alright with a computer its fairly simple to do this on word.
Starting off with my two orginal CV's that looked like this........Keeping to hiding my personal information i have not included it on any CV's shown on my blog. 







































































I took the important information from each one to start off rebuilding on a new design. Because both these CV's are out of date I had to develop a current up to date one. I liked the designs on some websites and I wanted to  use these designs to inspire my new CV.
The things I had to ensure i included was:
  • Personal Profile
  • Employment History
  • Contact Details
  • Education History
Additional things that other CV's I researched included was:
  • Hobbies
  • Special Skills
  • A Picture
  • Social Network details
Below is a CV I liked the look of and thought of using some ideas from this into my new design. The website I found good designs on is as follows http://weare.guru/creative-cvs/




So with all this in mind i redesigned my new CV to look like this.......
I used icons downloaded from clip art to make things like the hobby section look more interesting.

Any Ideas to how I can improve on this final design would be great! Thankyou Bloggers!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. i really like your layout and design alice :) very nice to look at

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative resumes aren’t for everyone, and they’re certainly not for every type of job – but they do have their place, and they can be an effective tool when you’re looking for new opportunities. Just keep things tame!

    Bottom line: just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. Creative resumes do have the potential to get you noticed, but you want to make sure that you’re being noticed in a good way, and for the right reasons.

    ReplyDelete