Tuesday 11 October 2016

Task 1b- professional communication technologies

Before writing an in depth blog I decided I wanted to explore the ideas in reader 1 more by doing a mind map, this not only helps me focus on topics to write about but also shows what I've initially understood about the reader without going into too much depth!



Now that I have done this I can focus my research more appropriately to what I understand and get straight to the points, A mind map gives your writing structure and the time to plan. 

Below is the ideas I initially took t focus on from the reader 1... blog to follow more in depth. 

Web 2.0
Web 2.0 was something I had not heard of before starting this module..... I now understand that it is a group of sources where the viewer can also be the creator.. such as social networks and blogs and sites like wikipedia.

Before Web 2.0
Smartphones have become a huge part of Web 2.0 success, before Web 2.0 our internet was more of a Dial-up process which didnt allow us to have as much instant creation online as we have now... our internet is changing and sites like MSN and Bebo are a thing of the past, but will that ever happen to our huge social media aspects like facebook?

Facebook
Working in the industry I work in its important I understand every network available to me and how I can use them to further my knowledge and skills.
The obvious network I'm sure we can all relate to is 'Facebook' without it I could probably say my social life is non existant, but for a professional is facebook a necessity?
Working as part of the Entertainment team at Nidd Hall we felt that we needed a page to promote ourselves and our work, little did we know there was already a page made for us by a previous team and it was apparent that nobody knew about it because nobody posted on it. Within 2 weeks of becoming administrator and posting pictures of acts we had in or shows we were performing or even activities with the guests it was apparent we had reached more people in that two weeks than we had ever with the page in the past. It goes to show that the efforts show results. For a professional in this sort of industry I would say it's also very important for them to have a public professional work facebook page.
Also with facebook comes the problems of security and privacy, what are we allowed to post? This all comes down to professionalism. When publishing a video of the guests taking part in an activity it is important to ask permission off every single one of them. If I worked as a primary school teacher it is even more important to consider what you are publishing on facebook, private and professional.... Many people get into trouble through something as simple as a facebook post.
A whopping 70 percent of U.S. business managers say they decided not to hire a job candidate based upon something found out about them online, sites such as facebook, twitter etc can affect that future employment!

How we use web 2.0
For me I would find life difficult without any of the online resources we have now, not only working away from home and being away from friends it helps my social life stay connected but also for the learning processes I go through...
We can now use online resources for research, exams and for example without Web 2.0 this course would be near enough impossible! Its an exciting prospect of what we will our Web 3.0 be?

No comments:

Post a Comment