Tuesday 11 October 2016

Task 1c- Audio Visual Intro

'YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.'https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/

Youtube these days has become huge, especially in the performing industry, performers now rely on their showreels being viewed by agents, or singers rely on their music videos being noticed by a record label. It is important to only upload things you are comfortable that the whole world can see!

Being an avid performer I thought this task would be one of the easiest, performers are confident arent they? The truth is there is nothing worse than having to be yourself in front of a camera! Performers never have to be themselves on stage and this only became apparent to me when I sat down with my phone in front of me and tried to film myself.

I thought the best way to approach this would be to do a couple of practice runs and hope that there was one good one out of it... After about half an hour of trying to make a 40 second video and being the self critical person I am I just wasn't happy with how they were turning out. I put the task aside for that day and the next day sat down and let myself only record 1 take! Trying to forget about the bits where I pause and ignoring the ums and ah's and the nervous swallows I uploaded the video. Luckily this mindset actually made me feel a lot more comfortable with the whole idea and I am not put off by using this tool in the future.

I think a tool like this is very important in an industry like the performing world because you encounter professionals all the time and you need to be confident in your own skin. Secondly the tools we have to be able to create a simple youtube video nowawdays makes the process so easy!
Record a video on your phone and upload. Simple.
Now that I feel more comfortable using this tool I will be able to confidently create showreels and upload them, yet another way of putting myself out there and networking and rather than people just being able to view the videos Web 2.0 allows them to be joint creators by adding comments and sharing their videos, which makes youtube all one big network.
Even Blogger makes it easy to share these videos by automatically linking to youtube to upload a video.

So after two days of worry and stress with about 30 try's, here is my Youtube Video....



3 comments:

  1. It was so interesting to read all of your process to create this video, because I´m about to start this task, so it´s great that someone has the same fears like me, being yourself in front of a camera. But you did a great job on this video: Short, highlighting the most important things about yourself and with confidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so strange sitting down and having to just talk about yourself when I'm so used to doing things I'm comfortable with in front of a camera! Try to limit yourself with minimal tries so that you don't pick on every little error! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading about how you went about this task, i have just completed my task 1c and i feel the same way with regards to having to practice, i had a nervous sway when i started speaking into the camera with my first couple of practises! your video highlights your confidence when speaking outloud.

    ReplyDelete