Friday 7 October 2016

Task 1d - Images

I decided to tackle task 1d before 1b and 1c due to lot of busy rehearsals for the xmas period at work this week and little time to study hard on the reader! so i skipped 1b and 1c for now and i will tackle those later on in the week!

As this task is based on an images I had to research beyond instagram as I already have an instagram account for social use. I thought it would be a good idea to get a flickr account for work based photos, this way my social life and work don't clash too much and if somebody wanted to see what I do at work then they could without having to scroll through the social photos of me and my family or boyfriend!

Flickr is owned by Yahoo, this meant I had to create a yahoo account. This has already shown to me how extremely large Web 2.0 is growing! I feel I am inudated with email addresses and so many passwords! I now have a yahoo, an outlook, a google email and a seperate email for work, all to enable myself to work with different situations and have different social networks.

Flickr's aims are stated in their 'About' section on their website... these are as follows...
referenced from the following site: (https://www.flickr.com/about)

1. We want to help people make their photos available to the people who matter to them.

2. We want to enable new ways of organizing photos and video.

The first aim i suppose is towards those asking about my work, ex teachers from colleges, people in the industry, people wanting the same career as me etc

The second is focusing more on elaborating the way they already do things, in relation to the Reader 1 from briefly reading it links to the development of Web 3.0, How can flickr change the way they are doing things now to move forward into Web 3.0? This is something I will further develop in my blog post for Reader 1.

Back to my flickr account, I started by just uploading some basic photos of shows I have performed in here at Warner Leisure Hotels and also some photos of my work colleagues whilst we are performing. This again comes under Reader 1's issues, in terms that I must ask permission for these photos to be published, not only from my peers appearing in the photos, but the people who took the photos and also the company for showing their set/costumes on the public internet.

My flickr account is as follows... https://www.flickr.com/photos/145732993@N06/



Any idea's of ways I can use my flickr account effectively would be brilliant. The concept is new to me as a regular instagram user and I am excited about learning more about the new network i have created :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment