Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ethical Values- Task 5b

After thinking through what ethical values and morals may apply to my role as an entertainer in the hotel industry I have been doing some more research into codes of conducts and what is actually expected of us here at Warner Leisure Hotels.

'A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the social norms and rules and responsibilities of, or proper practices for, an individual, party or organization. Related concepts include ethical, honor, moral codes and religious laws.'A code of conduct lays out an organization's expectations and guiding principles for appropriate workplace behaviour.'
I took the above statements from various sites when researching codes of conducts. After some research I found some information internally for my own workplace's conducts.

Warner Leisure Hotels is underneath the umbrella of 'Bourne Leisure' along with 'Butlin's' and 'Haven' etc. I went back to my training handbooks and researched what codes of conducts applied. What was of most interest was the mission statement....'Maintain the integrity of the company and it's brand' 'Lead it's employees towards excellence, recognize achievement and provide opportunities to develop careers' 'Provide services and products which enable the maximum number of families to enjoy a holiday'.




















A lot of the handbook talks about a lot of what I thought was expected of me and a lot of topics are covered within it. All team members are given one of these at the start of their training.

Social Media is covered
Gross Misconduct is talked about a lot in the handbook
Respect and Honesty
Timekeeping
Uniform
Anti Harassment
Equality and Diversity (Bourne Leisure pride themselves on the fact they are a diverse employer)
Data Protection
Safeguarding

One thing that really helps deliver morals within the work place is our 'Strategy Wheel'
Posted below it really helps put into light what are the moral principals of how we work in a team and treat our guests. What is interesting is that this wheel applies to all roles within our hotel.
When looking at my inquiry it will be interesting to see what ethical morals relate from my workplace and I am just starting to look at the forms this week within the module so my next blog will be on those! 
I am planning to get my proposal plan started next week so I have a good few weeks before I can send in my draft. My critical reflection is something I want to wait until I have done a little more researching and planning as I feel it needs to include more of the end experience of the module. 

I also want to be able to get more discussions going on my SIG so I want to focus my time on that this week so I can get lots of feedback for ethical values of my proposal for task 5d :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi alice - yes professional values inform the university ethics - so let you know what the rules are in your workplace and help identify the gatekeepers - ethics are sometimes different than morals - try downloading the ethics forms form the MyLearning to see what is asked.

    ReplyDelete