Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ethics in My Workplace - 5a

Unfortunately I have been so busy with work lately I haven't managed to blog in a while! But I had has some drafts of posts and they just needed finishing so lots of publishing of the posts is occurring today!

Working in Entertainment within a Hospitality Environment opens up ethical issues in the workplace! Effectively I have have the correct ethical standards from both a hotel environment, and an entertainment environment.
My Job role as a Dance Captain effectively has so many main responibilities:
1: to host teach/ dance classes and other fun activities to resident guests
2: to teach shows to team and hold rehearsals re-teaching
3: to look after our guests to my best ability
4: as an entertainer I am also a zumba instructor and also work reception at the hotel to have responsibilities checking in guests, emailing artists that perform here.....

THE ETHICAL MORALS ARE ENDLESS however I am going to look specifically at my role as an entertainer!

When teaching the team into shows it is important I don't patronize and make sure that I am giving everyone the equal chance of learning the choreography before I decide if it is of a good standard to perform on stage.  Everyone has different needs when learning things and I have to understand this.

Entertainment can be a very competitive career to be involved with and again it is important I don't let the competitive mannerisms slide into my way of working with everybody and to make sure I am being fair and treating everyone of the same value.

Socializing with guests is a huge responsibility I take on here as a performer... Guests can tell me private information about their lives and it is so important I am wary not to share this with others. Guests names etc. It is imperative to give them respect. The same goes for when I am teaching guest activities.... We have social networking sites to promote some of our activities and again it is imperative I ask permission off all guests if pictures can be published on sites like instagram etc.

Because my career allows me to be very personal and friendly with guests it is also important I don't do the same for my information and only tell them what I want to and what I wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone else. Private information, contact details is a NO NO however occasionally with very regular guests we make exceptions as they become more of a friend than a guest. Our relationships with guests can really change from a working relationship to one of a friendship.

Plagiarism is a big thing when using quizzes and crosswords etc. The materials we use for quizzes and things we deliver to our guests have to be checked and made sure they are not copyright.

A huge part of our job is also PASSION. Although not necessarily classed as an ethical code of conduct it is more of an ethical moral expected of the company. You have to love what you do in order for our guests to love it.

I have created a spider diagram of ethical and moral values based on my own thoughts and I am going to compare it with the researched ethical values when looking at Task 5b.



No comments:

Post a Comment