Tuesday 21 February 2017

Pre Skype Blog/ Task 4a

After receiving my grades today for Module 1 I was very pleased to get what I got and know what I need to work on for next time to aim a bit higher on the grading system!

I thought it would be a good idea to blog some of my ideas prior to the skype we are having tomorrow with Paula/Adesola for the first part of Module 2. This way I can share things and my ideas to see if I am going along the right lines for the start of the tasks.

Looking back at Task 2D already placed some ideas in my mind for Module 2 Line of inquiry however after reading the reader I still have to explore some more ideas but was going to investigate these after the first skype chat.

My main ideas all link back to my future career pathway that I am wanting to pursue- TEACHING. Surely my inquiry should be something I want to explore further and learn more about, something that inspires me and motivates me.... for me personally this is teaching.

Now obviously the question cannot be something as simple as 'what makes a good teacher?' as this is too vague and comes down mostly to opinions. However I enjoy exploring ideas into how children learn best and how teachers can adapt their methods of teaching to help the different learners.... this could essentially be very complicated.

Another idea I considered was 'How can my performing background benefit me as a teacher?' this can also feed into 'How can I adapt my teaching style to include my performance background?' 'What can I bring to an educational environment that a non performer can't?' 'Does a 3 year university course in primary education make a better teacher than those that have studied through a different route (a performer)? '
The performance aspect of an inquiry would be a good line for me to explore as performing is my current practice and teaching would be my future practice therefore I am benefiting from both sides of the question.
Keeping on with the performing ideas I would love to also explore 'How performing arts can benefit children in an educational environment?'

Finding the perfect line of enquiry for me is going to be a long process but I know I want to include some aspects of learning/education. Whether that be within my current practice or exploring a bit of both and using my tools and networks to their full potential.

The next step for me is going to be a collation of all my thoughts in a mind map, but I feel now I can go into the Skype chat tomorrow with a clear thought of what I believe is expected of me for thinking of ideas and to begin Module 2. If I didn't go in with any thoughts how would I know if I'm treading along the right lines?

1 comment:

  1. I have created a Sig group relating to Performing arts in education which would be great if you could be part of !

    ReplyDelete