Monday 27 February 2017

stuck in a rut

This blog post is more of a question to all of you reading it!

At the moment I am working in a hotel as a Dance Captain, I have been doing so for 14 months... I want to start pursuing teaching as much as I can..... or even just working with children to get my CV more suited to a teaching pathway! I am really struggling to get my head in the door and wondered if there was anyone out there that has managed to do it?!

I have had very little experience teaching wise in an educational environment but plenty within a dance school environment but I want to be able to go into a school unqualified and teach... I am so clueless and researching on the internet about ways to do it just takes me back to square one!!! I know I want to do it after I was so sure when I spent a week in the primary school.

My plan once finishing my degree is get onto UCAS and apply for PGCE's or SCITT courses... easy to do if you have a degree to move forward but due to me starting my 15 month BAPP in september I am not due to finish till january 2018 which I regret massively! It now means I have to wait till sept 2018 to do anything like a PGCE.... 8 months after my degree finishing.....It puts me in a rut of I want to do it now but is this possible?!!!

Any comments or tips of how anyone has managed to do this would be great! i know it is possible somehow but I just don't know how!! Qualification wise I have 10 GCSE's all above A's, a level 6 Diploma validated by trinity.... PLEASE HELP!!!

Knowing that Module 2 and 3 are fast approaching I need to be able to find a job I'm going to stick in for the remainder of my degree so now is the time to do it if any!

1 comment: