Thursday 16 February 2017

Skype Session 7th February

The first skype session of the year gave me a really good grounding for how I was going to go about Module 2. It was really helpful having both Module 2 students and Module 3 students in the same chat so they could share their experiences and this in turn helps out with those moving onto the new module.  After receiving my Module 1 feedback I was pleased with it and I'm still awaiting my grade which is taking rather a lot of my patience, however I feel ready to move on swifty and crack on with the tasks given to us for Module 2. In the session we covered two main topics that came about from some questions people had.

One of the main ones was Scheduling and how you can build your own timetable to manage your work. Talking about the ideas some people had really helped me to picture how to move forward with module 2 and not fall too far behind as I felt I did this in Module 1.  Some people said dedicate yourself a set amount of time a day where you have pure focus on your studies- for example a coffee shop away from any distractions at home. For me Module 2 seems a lot more free and therefore I am worried that it is going to take a lot more of my time up than Module 1 did. One student who had just completed module 2 explained that my feelings were correct but to just go with it and trust your instincts.

The second topic we covered was Literature. Having not had much experience with too much literature in Module 1 it was nice to finally understand where I could correctly locate resources I may use for the next module and Paula gave us the instructions to access the online library which was really helpful! I am a little more confident that I could happily search for more resources now whereas at the beginning of the conversation I didn't have a clue!

A conclusion from the whole chat for me was to use others experience to help my own, other students are a great resource that sometimes I forget about. One thing I'm going to do is take a look at some students blogs that have already completed Module 2 and use some of their comments to build upon my own thoughts. I am also going to try and attend as many skype sessions and campus sessions as possible as I think they can really help bring out the best in our studies.

I am starting the first task of the module this week and I am awaiting a 1-1 skype chat with my tutor which should really help get my idea's going for the next few months.

Good Luck to everyone starting their new module! :)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, it is very helpful to see that I am not the only one that is a bit stress to start this Module 2

    ReplyDelete