Monday 27 February 2017

Task 4b - Creating a SIG

Task 4b creates questions for me...

Do I set up my own SIG? or Do I join another persons SIG that is the same topic as me?

Creating my own SIG would be good because it would enable me to start discussions of my own and get comments and ideas from others outside of BAPP but it is finding those outside people to be a part of it, however I notice Eleanor (also on module 2) has set up a SIG of the same topic as me. I would be worried that if I was to create my own SIG then I would clash with Eleanor's and we would end up talking about the same things.

Paula stated in the Skype chat the other day that we didn't necessarily have to create our own but as long as we could involve and engage with another of a similar topic we would still be able to get answers. I think it is best to consolidate all ideas into one SIG group so my next plan of action is to find out if this is possible for all the people interested in teaching/performing arts would be able to join Eleanor's group. As one large group of people is much more beneficial than 3 or 4 smaller SIGs of a similar topic. Networking from module 1 has certainly taught me this.

Paula suggested using images more and I think this is a good way to visualise our thoughts... the image below certainly puts into perspective how a SIG group can help with one big idea!

What I do plan to do is still create discussions but do this via my blog and try to attract the people in the SIG group already created to discuss topics I have found useful too.

For now I have joined Eleanor's community on google : 'Performing Arts in Education' and this is my first stepping stone into involving myself with discussions around this topic to help develop my lines of inquiry.

I am thinking of creating my own sig group about transitioning from a performer to another career...

No comments:

Post a Comment