Sunday 2 April 2017

5d - Ethical Dimensions of Inquiry

Because I am using individuals for my inquiry I need to consider the ethical dimensions of this, especially when it comes to interviews and surveys, most of which I will be using for the purpose of my inquiry. I also want to use participants CV's to analyse against the interviews I have with them. This is using their personal data so I have to consider this too...... The main ethical issues I will face are as follows. I still want to be able to discuss with the SIG groups I am a part of to see if they feel the same way with their inquries.

Interview Questions- The questions I develop need to have relevance to my inquiry, there is no point asking pointless questions that I wont use. Consequentialism, do not ask a question unless the question will beenfit the greater good, in this case the greater good is the inquiry. My aim is not to offend any participants either nor be bias in my questions.

The Inquiry itself- I want to be able to use the information form provided to give to participants so they know exactly what this research is and why it's happening. I also hope to use this form to give them the understanding that they may benefit from the inquiry too.

Keeping Data/results- There are many factors that will come into this, I was looking at the ethics release form and I never even thought about having to store my results in a safe way with passwords etc! Any info on the computer and any recordings I will be saving into a file that isnt linked with any of my shared devices or shared networks like onedrive etc.... Any written data and hard copies I will keep in a folder locked away in privacy. Once I have used all of my findings and the inquiry is finished I will dispose of all information.

Consent- I will need to get consent off the individuals themselves to be able to use their Cv's and any recordings etc, this is at their own discretion and obviously they don't have to let me. The same goes for taking part in any interviews etc, there is no forcing them to answer any questions they dont want to.

Morals- There are some ethical morals I believe come into play with the inquiry as well, I need to make sure I deliver my interviews etc with confidence but at the same time respect and also make sure the interviewee themselves are comfortable and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment