Sunday 2 April 2017

Job change at work!

Today I came to the decision to hand in my role of dance captain to somebody else within my team. I had been dance captain for nearly 9 months at the hotel and have sucessfully got 5 new team members into our shows. There were many reasons to why I came to this decision but I feel I have got all I can out of the role and want more challenges elsewhere, so I have taken the decision to go back to being a standard team member within the entertainment team. 

The reason I am sharing this with you all is because I believe ethics will play a huge part in the process. I have already been dance captain for a while, therefore I know the role, I know how I like to deliver the ways I do my job and I have my own way of doing things. By giving this to somebody else I have to accept that there will be changes to the process. I have to respect the fact I didn't want the role anymore and the new dance captain will have their own ways of doing things and it is not for me to comment on the way they do this. 
My personal morals should come into this - respect etc which then in turn makes me a professional within the team and then this makes my organisation a happy one to work in. Being a professional is putting behind me what I did as dance captain and letting the new one take charge- even if some of the things I don't agree with. 
Consequentialism is the best way to move forward with this, do not say anything unless it benefits the greater good of our team, this respectful character that I choose to be then makes my actions respectful also making me a virtue ethicist. 

I am excited at the new prospects the change of role will give me and feel I will have a lot more time and dedication to focus on my degree as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment