Sunday 2 April 2017

Development of my professional inquiry

Because I have been looking into the learning process for both children and adults for my inquiry I have been asking myself a lot of questions throughout the research process. These questions are controversial to my thoughts on my inquiry questionfor module 2 so I thought the best way to stop the confusing thoughts in my head is to blog the questions and try and answer them.

Ive realised that the question I am basing my inquiry around is a factual one.... I don't want to come out with a factual answer.... I want to explore and find out the controversial answers. This lead me on to think about my own career and how I have got to here...

What I have so far been interested in is the way adults and children learn through performing arts, the experience I have at work with teaching adults dance and fitness and singing workshops is endless but the experience I have with children lacks.... I moved on in the inquiry process to just focus on adults but then when I was reading the literature I requested and searching online for ideas and speaking to guests about how they learn when I am teaching I began to feel somewhat bored of the topic. I then realised an inquiry is never going to be good when I feel bored of researching the results. I want to have something I feel passionate about. - The answer is right in front of my eyes.... My career.....

I love performing arts, the question is, has performing arts enhanced my life experience? Has it made me a better person, does it make people better performers, does it enhance our skill set as people? I believe researching my intial thoughts on an inquiry - How do adults and children learn through performing arts?... has lead me to want to research more into how has the learning process through perfoming arts enhanced my life. 

With all these thoughts in my head I have spent the last week frantically searching the internet for things to help me develop this. The answers are all in front of my eyes..... I work with a team who primarily trained in performing arts, some havent but most have, I speak to guests everyday who have previously studied performing arts in their life, I work with both sides of the spectrum.. the people who haven't done any performing arts and the people who have! Why don't I use these people to develop the questions I am truly interested in. 

I dont see this change of inquiry a failure, I see it only as a developement, at the end of the day the research from the previous inquiry ideas I had have lead me onto this.....

DOES PERFORMING ARTS BENEFIT US FOR OUR FUTURE?
DOES PERFORMING ARTS ENHANCE LIFE EXPERIENCE?
DOES A BACKGROUND OF PERFORMING ARTS MAKE YOU A MORE SKILLED INDIVIDUAL? 

all these thoughts going through my head on this have made me excited to begin my proposal, and all the thoughts I am feeling now are ones I can review and reflect on in my critcal reflection on the process of module 2. 


Whilst I am on the topic of module 2 and my development I have also taken the decision to delete my SIG group and just focus on the ones I am members of, this is because there hasn't been any development on the one that I made, no comments from others and no discussions whereas I am feeling more involved with the ones I am a part of and feel the discussions through those groups have also played a huge part in the development and changes in my inquiry. The sig group eleanor created - performing arts in education has really interested me with some of the articles that have been published on there and I feel I can now use these articles in the inquiry I am moving forward with. 

I would love to know your thoughts on my situation and whether I'm feeling the right things and if you guys have had any fundamental development changes to your inquiry like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment