Wednesday 12 April 2017

Informal Trials for Inquiry

I have chosen to do two methods of informal trials to experiment with the tools I have been researching and understanding. From evaulating the tools I chose the Interview and Survey route to do my informal trial on. I also think a focus group is a great tool but hard for me to do an informal trial with my SIG as we all live in different parts of the country!!

Firstly I chose to create a survey using survey monkey. I made this anonymous and created two different ones depending on peoples circumstances. I did one for those who have a performing arts background of any form and I also made one for those without a performing arts background. For the informal trial however because I am testing on my SIG group and people close to me within the BAPP course I am sure the data I end up getting back will all be from the survey I created for those who have a performing arts background....
My aim is to get at least 3 -5 responses for the informal trial as there isn't too many people I can outreach to due to the fact this is just an informal trial for the tools. Below are the links to the two surveys I have created for the two different circumstances.

Performing arts background survey

Non - Performing arts background survey

The second tool I was interested to try is the interview type. This is also a hard tool to informally trial as I want someone to be able to do a face to face interview with so I can also reflect on their behaviour, the way they respond and their body language. I thought the closest thing I could do this with is SKYPE.... I have asked two of my fellow students from my old college and also on module 2 of the course to help me with this..... Sometime this week I am going to interview the both of them separate if I can, if not it will be a focus group situation with the 3 of us, and it will be interesting to see how their body language, facial expressions, tone of voice will differ from the answers they respond with in the survey. If I could it would be interesting to do both the interview separate and the focus group with them both to see if anyone else hearing their answers would make them change what they say. Again I will struggle for the other side of the people I want to interview who haven't had a performing arts background for this informal trial.

I think these informal trials will really help me with the development of my proposal because it will help me learn what I need to do differently and reflect on this in the proposal.

I would really appreciate if anyone within BAPP arts reading my blog could give the surveys a quick go as I would love to see if they work or not.... there is only 7 questions to answer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment