Saturday 4 November 2017

Artefact Thoughts/ Ideas

I can't believe how fast this module is speeding through and already I am halfway through planning the final critical review and beginning to think about the professional artefact.
Having looked at some completed module 3 blogs and got some inspiration from our previous leader Paula's slide shares and Adesola's handbook I have come up with a few ideas that I would like to explore.

Firstly I have to ask myself what am I trying to portray in my artefact? Who is my target audience?
In my artefact I want to be able to appeal mostly to those performers who are worried about transitioning to other careers but also to people in other careers wanting to move to a different job as well. Basically I want my artefact to be able to be understood and viewed by all people. I want to explain who I am and the process I have gone through in my inquiry but also want to try and include my experiences in BAPP and what I have learnt.

A brief idea I had was to make a CV presented in an interesting way but then I thought it best to stick to the plan and avoid the paper and pen and think of something more creative.
I thought of an idea of using mannequins as an idea to represent the themes that came up but then I thought this wouldn't be easily accessible by all my target audience.

Working on cruise ships make me think that I want to think of something that is accessible via social media (youtube or Facebook etc) Digital Video/ Film would be a good way to do this however all I worry about is the producing of this, technically I do not know if I am able to produce a video, if I did  manage to do this it would show a huge transition of my use of Web 2.0 from starting the course and I would feel a great sense of achievement. It would also help me develop skills to make a show reel etc. I just don't know if I want to risk being able to to make something of this standard for something that makes a big contribution to my final grade.

Other ideas I have thought of is posters and leaflets made via a computer programme so people can access this via a dropbox facility or something. Although easier to do I don't know if it really represents my professional practice, I would have to think of how to advance on this if I chose this option

Finally the last thing I thought of is to create an interactive image of a cruise ship (my practice currently) and use the decks as a way of representing stages of my inquiry and even my journey on BAPP, and perhaps using places and cabins on the deck as sub headers of the stages (for example themes from analysis stage) I believe this can be done on powerpoint programme, I have used this before in my job by creating gameshows using this programme so I would be intrigued to use something like this in my final artefact.

I think summarising I definitely need to think of an artefact that is accessible online via drop box or any Web 2.0 platform, this is the best way to appeal to my target audience.

Apologies for exceeding the word limit in this blog but would love to know if any of my ideas stand out to any of you performers out there and which of my ideas for an artefact would have the most interest to you, what would make you want to view it or access it?!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    This was such a good read for me as I feel I have constantly been referring back to what my artefact should be. It has been really helpful and your ideas are very creative. Good luck with yours.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I really struggled coming up with ideas before now, and this was because I hadn't even done my inquiry yet, it is impossible to know what your artefact will be until the inquiry has been done and you are analysing results as you don't know what you want or need to say in it. It was only then I could come up with ideas! Good Luck!

      Delete