Saturday 4 November 2017

Themes- TEAMWORK / INDEPENDANCE

Team work vs Independence. In the performing arts industry there are both of these skills required. My own experience faces challenges of being independent and going to auditions alone and fighting for the job against others, being self employed and completing tax returns, the independence of working for yourself, yet still every job is different and I have experienced having to work in a team just as much as I have independently. Dancing a solo vs Dancing in a team, when you dance alone you just consider the space to yourself- its all yours, whilst dancing in a team there is so much more to consider. Working at Warners really gave me a sense of working in a team, similar to what I will be working on the cruise and although I think performing arts training focuses more on preparing you for that independence alone there are still aspects of your training that you have to work with others.

Being able to work as a team is a skill that every individual I spoke to said they felt that this was a high skill for them, having said this, all of whom I spoke to worked at the hotel meaning they were forced to work as a team anyway, what I really wanted to find out was if they preferred working alone or in a team, personal traits like confidence and knowledge of the field came into this decision and those more confident people I spoke to earlier suggested they preferred working alone whereas those less confident people stated they prefer being in a team.

1 comment:

  1. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.
    Tutoring Service Lucknow | Home Tuition Service

    ReplyDelete