Thursday 2 November 2017

Introduction to Literature reviews

After printing off some articles regarding arts education and performance experience that I briefly encountered in module 2, I wanted to explore them in a deeper meaning, and like in adesolas blogs she tells us to try and find themes within our literature relevant to both our practice and inquiry.

With my title being Do the skills you can gain from performing arts benefit us in other careers and other aspects of our daily lives? I wanted to try and find some skills and themes that come up in the articles that have also come up in my experiences and interviews. 

I came across an interesting document online about how we tie different skills into different headings... skills article for example personal skills being like confidence and trustworthiness and work etiquette and transferable skills being organisation and time keeping and communication and finally knowledge based skills being subject relevant, for example a dentist knowing about his field. I thought it interesting how most of the themes that came up in my interviews were all closely related to personal qualities rather than the other types of skill bases. 

I have decided to briefly blog on each of the MAIN themes that are slowly being depicted out of my literature and data collection. There are other themes that crop up separately in my interviews and literature but spread across both of these is what I want to focus on. Keep an eye out on further blogs to be published and maybe some themes from your inquiry may be the same as my themes that I am finding, if so I would love to hear about your experiences to further expand on my evidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment