Saturday 4 November 2017

Some great blogs out there!

Now that I am getting through module 3 after a complete mental block, I wanted some more inspiration and I have had a bit of time this week to really sit down and have a browse on the internet to try and find some blogs I can interact with outside of BAPP. I wanted to try and find people blogging on similar subjects to me.
I came across one blog that really put into perspective how others outside of our performing arts industry really stereotype us as performers. I have attached some link below for anyone wanting to have a read.
Kathryn Nailes Blog
What I found really positive from reading Kathryns blog is that I feel exactly the same as her and my own experiences really reflect her own. I think blogs like this really add to my inquiry as they are another source of evidence to compare my own data with. My favourite quote from her blog that really puts into light what I am focused on in my inquiry is ' So, training in dance makes one more disciplined, creative, effective at leadership, collaborative, and business-savvy, among other benefits. And, of course, there’s the joy in the art!' 

Another blog -Sarah Jukes Ballet Dancers really captured her feelings for why ballet dancers make good employees.

I also encountered an article about someone who transitioned from ballet dancer to CEO an interesting read about her transferable skills.

Other blogs I encountered really captured the use of transferable skills. One blogger was a scientist and wanted to say that he wasn't just that, although not a performer and not in my industry, some of his transferable skills really linked to themes I have been finding. Scientist Blog.


So for anyone feeling a bit of a mental block on module 3, try and seek some blogs outside of BAPP and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment