Saturday 4 November 2017

Performer Career Transitioning

Going from being a performer myself into other careers I have first hand experienced what my own skills as a dancer are and how I can convert them into another very successful and promising career.
There are plenty of books out there where individuals in performing arts have done the same.

Last Year I purchased ' Exit Stage Right' a book written about performers and actors etc transitioning into the next stage of their career. This was a great read and although not directly focused on my inquiry as I am not directly looking at the career transfer it really helped me distinguish some more themes and I will be using this in my final critical review.

There is also an interesting read on http://www.cpanda.org/data/a00191/changes.pdf and although written for Americans advising them of how to go about this career change there are quotes in there I have found really useful to my inquiry.

When thinking about transitioning to other careers its a scary prospect and I'm sure not just performers go through it but it all comes down to the transferable skills we have and thats why I wanted to focus my inquiry on what skills we gain really do benefit us elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment